RE: Radon, smoking and LNT

Bill, I think the concern is that, whereas there is virtually no scientific

evidence that low-dose radiation (or low-dose anything else)is harmful, and

Cohen's data are fully consistent with the rest of the vast field of

toxicology, you and a few others in the radprot field treat Cohen's data as

an anomaly that must be explained.

The fact is that Cohen's data (and a number of other reports on people in

homes with low radon level, without the confounding problems of mines, etc.)

show what happens to real people in real homes with low-dose radon.  To the

extent that other data are inconsistent with it, they are the anomaly to be

explained.

Ted Rockwell