Re: Iraqis Suffer From Radiation Symptoms - Associated Press

If my memory serves me correctly, was there not an Associated Press editor

(I'm pretty sure it was AP) who commented in this forum some time ago (a

year or two?) with respect to ensuring the accuracy of science-related

stories put out by that agency?  My recollection is that he seemed quite

sincerely committed to quality science reporting.  From the sorry state of

AP's coverage of this story, I guess we can conclude that either he's no

longer with AP, or has a different assignment.

I've had no luck finding the editor's name or e-mail using the RADSAFE

archives so far.  I was hoping that that person might have something to say

about this AP story.  IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW SUCH

MISINFORMATION HAS BEEN ALLOWED THROUGH AP'S EDITORIAL STAFF?

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor

Radiological Health Unit