Prometheus -NASA nuclear reactor project to jupiter

NASA (news - web sites) has embarked on a challenging

quest to build a powerful nuclear reactor for

long-duration deep space excursions.

As part of the multi-pronged Prometheus Project,

engineers and scientists are now tackling plans for

the nuclear-powered Jupiter Icy Moons Orbiter (JIMO).

This flagship mission using electric propulsion