RE: Get your tickets now!

Gees

 Where do you get your tickets from?

-----Original Message-----

From: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu] On Behalf Of BERNARD L COHEN

Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 10:58 AM

To: Gary Howard

Cc: Radiation Safety

Subject: Re: Get your tickets now!

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Gary Howard wrote:

  Dr. Cohen has asked others for explanations why his results

> do not indicate the demise of the LNT.  Don't ask if you don't want to

> receive!

	--I asked for explanations in terms of not implausible, concrete,

hypothetical examples. None has been offered

> Field offered reviewers, Cohen rejected them in favor of people who

> could care less about epidemiology.

	--My work is not conventional epidemiology, which is intended to

determine dose-response relationships. My work should be judged by people

who know how to judge a new and novel approach to solving a scientific

problem, and willing to follow my tightly reasoned justification while

seeking holes in it. Some epidemiologists (and Mossman) view my work as a

determination of the dose-response relationship, which I have always

pointed out that it is not. I see no indication that they understand my

tightly reasoned justification, or have even tried to understand it. Have

you tried? If so, can you point out a hole in it?

 Field offered a substative way to

> find the cause of his discrepancy. Cohen has denied he understands

> what Field is talking about.  This is why we are getting nowhere.

	--I could understand if he made up a concrete hypothetical

example. Without it, I cannot evaluate plausibility, so the explanation is

useless. To me, if someone can't make up a concrete possible explanation

to illustrate his point, he doesn't understand what he is talking about.

His example doesn't have to be correct -- why is that asking too much?

He quotes rules formulated for a different purpose, determining a

dose-response relationship. What does that prove, other than that he has

expertise in conventional epidemiology.