in moderation

> This "discussion" is way out of hand and needs to end.

> I believe the moderator needs to take some action to end it if it

> won't die on its own.

The discussion is clearly on the topic of radiation safety, and the

participants for the most part have remained civil. I agree that there

appears to me to be a good bit of circularity to the arguments, but they may

at times be developing a fairly subtle point that in hindsight some day may

prove to be of some value. I am not going to shut down discussions on the

list, as long as they are on topic and civil. The freedom to express one's

self is part of what keeps the general health of the list high.

> We are so tired and weary that I don't care if I EVER hear of radon again

> I am getting carpal tunnel syndrome from hitting the delete key.

I remind everyone that this is a free service. I remind everyone that they

are not obligated to read any email that they do not wish to read. Enjoy the

freedom to NOT read emails that don't interest you. The argument about

carpal tunnel is not reasonable. We all get lots of email every day and

delete lots of unwanted stuff. Consider the digest mode if you are bothered

by the 15-30 individual mails per day.

Smile a lot, people; life is short. Try to make others smile, it will make

their lives (and yours) longer and happier. Two rules I try to abide by -

(1) Don't sweat the small stuff, (2) Everything is small stuff.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068