Re: Article: Erin Brockovich takes on radiation

logwell.com is my website, and I wrote the page mentioned below.  I-131 is occasionally used in producing wells, but far more often in injection wells where it would never be seen residually at surface.  I-131 is NEVER used in large quantities, nor is it continuously introduced into wells.  With a half-life of just over 8 days, I-131 is essentially all gone in less than three months, one of the reasons it is used for tracer work in the oil well logging biz.

NORM or well logging radioactive tracer material is certainly NOT the cause of the problems mentioned in the article.  A PNL employee ought to know better than suggest this list is junk science.

Syd H. Levine

AnaLog Services, Inc.

Phone:  270-276-5671

Telefax:  270-276-5588