Bioaccumulation of 137Cs in fish

Dear Radsafers

The RESRAD code uses a bioaccumulation factor of 2000 for 137Cs in

freshwater fish. This seems to derive from NCRP Report No. 76 page 139. Is

this the latest and greatest info? What are your favorite values and

references for this bioaccumulation factor? To save bandwidth, if you reply

to me I will combine the results and report back to Radsafe with a summary.

Thank you. mike

Mike McNaughton

Los Alamos National Lab.

email: mcnaught@LANL.gov or mcnaughton@LANL.gov