Re: Medis bias

> I think the problem is more one of an ideologically motivated news media

> than a scientifically illiterate news media.  With its vast wealth the

> popular press could probably find some competent consultants somewhere > > >from whom to obtain advice and sound science.

> Perhaps they could try contacting the Health Physics Society or the

> American Nuclear Society.

Yes, they certainly could, but they don't. I suspect the reason is fear of getting the wrong answer to their inquiry - i.e. one that does not scare people and is therefore not newsworthy. Scientific literacy and successful journalism don't seem to be compatible with each other.

,> For a scholarly and systematic treatment of the bias of the popular press