Re: Medis bias

Allow me to those in this non RAD specific observation.

I am 38 and folks my age absent specific RAD training hear RADIATION and they

think Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and of course the made for TV movie "The

Day After" those images are burned into their heads. Our parents on the other

hand think of think like Duck and Cover Drills and those old CD cartoons and

then some a bit older recall newsreels of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All are

GRAPHIC images imbedded deep into the psyche of those age brackets (generally

speaking).

Today's youth hear bout Dirty Bombs and the like on CNN and via the web and

in any other manners of mass communications most of which has little or no

science behind it or more often then we'd like to admit it has bits and pieces of

science and there in lies the issues the missing bits and pieces.

I bet if we asked 100 adults is RAM glowed most would say yes and if we asked

that same question to RESPONDERS charged with dealing with those dirty bombs

and the other aspects of RAD emergency response (not responders in the nuclear

industry mind you every day guys and gals like me) they too would be ill

informed.

The sixty-four thousand dollar question is how do we tap into resources such

as RADSAFE to improve the training of both responders and the public at large.

I for one have even just today used this list to improve my training product

with some simple questions answered by this list and it is not the first time

I've done so. that is a step but in my view even I am moving too slow!

Louis N. Molino, Sr., CET

FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI

LNMolino@aol.com

979-690-3607 (Home Office)

979-458-0795 (Fire Field Office)

"A Texan with a Jersey Attitude"

The comments contained in this E-mail are the opinions of the author and the

author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak for any person or organization

that I am in any way whatsoever involved or associated with unless I

specifically state that I am doing so. Further this E-mail is intended only for it's

stated recipient and may contain private and or confidential materials

retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in the public

domain by the original author.