Re: Response beyond the reality?

I haven't heard anything from the NC radiation control program on this

incident, so I speak purely from conjecture, but it sounds as though the

State radiation control people were out of the loop on this one.  The

ridiculous over-reaction is typical of what one expects from first

responders, who have only minimal training in radiological incident

response, jumping in with both feet without asking for advice.

Expect to see more of this  sort of thing as  the Dept. of Homeland

Security, with the assistance of HPS, puts more radiation survey instruments

into the hands of local first responders, without involving the State

radiation control programs.

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Labor