RE: Medis bias

At 06:44 AM 7/13/03 -0700, John Jacobus wrote:

>Larry,

>I am not aware of any instance where anit-nuclear

>forces want to stop nuclear medicine per se.  Does

>anyone know of any instances where protests or

>legislation was directed against nuclear medicine?  Do

>you imply the restrictions on waste disposal issues,

>such as at land-fills are attacks against nuclear

>medicine?

>By the way, "leech-loving scum suckers" is a new one.

>--- "Grimm, Lawrence" <LGrimm@FACNET.UCLA.EDU> wrote:

> > Susan, et al:

> > . . .Here's an example:

> > Anti-nuclear people want to shut down all nuclear

> > power and take away nuclear medicine.  These things

> > are valuable. Nuclear power and medicine are safe.

> > I am outraged that [anti-nuclear's name] wants my

> > children to have less of a future than my parents

> > gave me.

> > This example is controlled, emotional, accuses the

> > anti, and I can defend the safety (science) without

> > any problem.  The controlled part is always the

> > hardest for me - sometimes I want to scream that

> > people, like Rokke, are leech-loving scum suckers

> > and dragging society down. Perhaps you sense my

> > passion?  Perhaps we need more in our profession

> > with this passion?

> > . . .

>=====

>-- John

>John Jacobus, MS

>Certified Health Physicist

>e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com

>http://sbc.yahoo.com

>radsafe" (no quote marks) in the body of the e-mail, with no subject line.

>You can view the Radsafe archives at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/radsafe/

Dear Radsafers:

Dan Hirsch and The Committee to Bridge to Gap (CBG) want to get rid of

nuclear medicine.  Some years ago, while The Society of Nuclear Medicine

and the American College of Nuclear Physicians (SNM/ACNP) were supporting

Ward Valley as a LLRW site, CBG started spreading rumors that nuclear

medicine was the cause of the large amount of breast cancer we see

today.  I, particularly, have come under personal attack.  Fortunately,

attacking medicine is bad strategy, so CBG then tried to get rid of its

enemies in nuclear medicine by exempting them from the provisions of

antinuclear bills coming before the California Legislature.  Unfortunately,

CBG is so dumb that it didn't know enough to really exempt nuclear

medicine, so we would have been caught and harmed anyway.  When we opposed

some recent antinuke legislation, and the bill was revised, we were

"punished" by removing the incomplete exemption and killed equally along

with everyone else.  Hopefully the bills will not pass.

Rest assured that the true antinuclear fanatics want to end all use of

radioactive material in the United States and the rest of the world as well.

Ciao, Carol

Carol S. Marcus, Ph.D., M.D.

<csmarcus@ucla.edu>