Re: A Reporter Questions Rokke

In a message dated 7/14/2003 3:09:19 PM Central Daylight Time,

stanford@stanforddosimetry.com writes:

> I don't know, Bob.  He starts spouting his diatribe and if you don't know,

> it sounds scary.  She asked the good questions, but he is a master at the bob

> and weave and she didn't have the follow-ups.  I would like to see someone

> from the VA or DOD or somewhere that has access to his personal records

> challenge him. "Absolute fact" that the has rashes, radiation cataracts,

> neurological disorders, all due to DU?

Neill,

I guess what pleased me was that she asked him some of the questions that I

had suggested. Someone must have passed them to her. As you point out, she had

no followup questions, though. It appeared that she did not have the

background to pursue his obviously foggy replies.

Government and military folks have a few disadvantages when dealing with

folks like Rokke. For example, I have direct and personal knowledge about how and

why he lost his job with the Army Chemical School but I cannot reveal it. I do

point out that he did not begin his public rants until after his dismissal,

so that is not the reason he was fired as he often alleges.

Second, we are viewed as biased, even deceitful, by many. That is why I try

to get reporters to ask the questions that I suggest and then check the answers

at an independent source. Unfortunately, they usually do not do so.

Third, we are often viewed as the "establishment" punishing the

"whistleblower." Again, that is why I try to point out Rokke's factual errors, especially

his misrepresentation of his own credentials, that a reporter can easily

verify. And again, this usually doesn't happen.

It would seem to me that an exposé of Rokke and some his ilk would make a

great story, but the media doesn't seem to be interested.

Bob