Fwd: A Reporter Questions Rokke

In a message dated 7/14/2003 3:16:40 PM Central Daylight Time,

crispy_bird@YAHOO.COM writes:

> Why can't reporters in this country be as astute of

> phony spokesmen?

I sent this note to Ms. Brockie who did the Rokke interview as an

encouragement:

Dear Ms. Brockie:

I read the transcript of your July 3 "Doug Rokke interview." It was

heartening to read your questioning of Rokke's bizarre allegations about depleted

uranium and his flat-out misrepresentations of his own credentials and level of

participation in the Gulf War. I wish that more time was available to you to

expose this charlatan. His rants do a great disservice to the active military who

need DU munitions and armor for battlefield success and protection. But even

more disgracefully, he leads our war veterans to believe that DU is the cause

for their war-related ailments when that is not and cannot be the case. This

distracts them from finding the real cause, if it can be determined; gives them

false hope or frustrated ambition for a government settlement; and lessens

their pride in service to their country. Shame on Rokke.

Robert Cherry, Ph.D.

Certified Health Physicist

Colonel, U.S. Army (retired)