Re: A Reporter Questions Rokke

In a message dated 7/15/2003 10:27:04 AM Central Daylight Time,

William.Tuttle@MED.VA.GOV writes:

> I trust the remark "I would like to see someone from the VA or DOD or

> somewhere that has access to his personal records challenge him" was tongue in

> cheek.  Merely looking at personal medical records for unofficial reasons can

> get you fired at the VA (I know of a case where this is true).  I suspect

> making this (personal medical information) public would subject you to a big

> lawsuit.

> In my opinion, comments like this, even if in jest, are not appropriate.

William:

I hope you noticed that I skirted Mr. Stanford's suggestions. Mr. Stanford is

not a government employee and may not realize, as you and I do, that what he

proposed was illegal.

When I was Army Radiation Safety Officer, I never had access to Dr. Rokke's

military personnel or medical records and never wanted to.

In my official capacity, I did see both the initial and corrected versions of

his bioassay results that DOE generated following an NTS DU exercise, but I

have never discussed those results outside official channels. I have stated

that Rokke has misrepresented both those results and his participation in the

exercise (he was an uninvited observer with no official standing) and challenged

him to prove otherwise. I cannot and will not do more than that.

Bob