Re: Rokke

In a message dated 7/16/2003 7:56:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, rurban@jason.com writes:

What if someone (or group, say ATK Systems or a retired Abrams crew) were to file a small claims case against Rokke for Slander and Liable to their reputations regarding his DU claims.  After all, he is essentially claiming them to be murderers, and of crimes against humanity.

Sadly, I think it is going to take some extremely creative legal action in order to make a dent in the very effective anti-nuclear evangelism we've seen in recent years.

The problem is that would cost a lot of money, would require a legal team that was somewhat untethered politically-speaking, and wouldn't call in a lot of compensatory damages (if any) at the end, but maybe there's a cadre of independently wealthy, maverick lawyers out there that would like to take a shot at this, pro bono.  I'd volunteer some time on the project.

Barbara