RE: Comments of First Response Action Levels

Dear Ken,

For a radiological emergency response, you should perhaps consult NCRP-138 - Management of Terrorist Events Involving Radioactive Material. You will find that the NCRP committee recommends the following alarm levels (see pp. 97-98, Sect, 8.4):

Initial alarm level: 0.1 mSv/h (10 mrem/h) - [use this as your alert]

turn-around level: 0.1 Sv/h (10 rem/h) and a dose of 0.1 Sv (10 rem) [use this as your alarm]

Best regards,

Grant Nixon