Re: radiographer "overexposure"

In a message dated 7/29/2003 7:13:46 AM Pacific Standard Time, sandyfl@EARTHLINK.NET writes:

I'd question the accuracy of any film reading that is >500 rads, due

to the film would be totally dark just above this level. Any attempt

at quantifying a dose, even to the 100s of rads unit, seems

ridiculous to me.

I was wondering about this.  Thanks for chiming in.  Would that also be the case for other types of common dosimeters (TLD's, OSL's, etc.)?  I mean, obviously, they wouldn't be "dark," but what is the upper range for the other technologies?

Barbara