Re: Depleted Uranium

"Are you willing to carry expended DU shells around for an extended period?"

Answer: "are YOU willing to bathe in gasoline for an extended period?"

I guess you could ask me if I am willing to carry around a hamster in my

pocket for an extended period. Why would I?

Sounds ridiculous, right? No one takes a bath in Gasoline. It is simply not

a normal or responsible way to handle the material, and serves no useful

purpose. If you do bathe in it "for an extended period" (whatever that

means), there probably will be some adverse health effects (whatever that

means).

Likewise, no one "carries around" DU because there is no reason to and that

stuff is heavy. My muscles would get sore. I probably need the exercise,

though.

But, I guess if I was inclined to lay down in the middle of rush hour

traffic or to induce vomiting for the tv cameras or live in a tree for a

year so it can't be harvested, then nothing really would seem too weird or

futile as long as it got sufficient notoriety and the right news coverage.

DU is no more demon spawn than gasoline. It's just easier to pick on.

Charlie Migliore