Question about low E proton interactions on B, Si, Cu, As, P

Can anyone point me to some references or know the interaction concerns

with low E protons on semiconductor materials like B, Si, Cu, As, P and

other low Z materials??  My company is looking into using H+ implantation

and there is concern about radiation generation above the normal values for

ion implanters.  For example, an implanter manufacturer found  11B(p,g)12C

reaction at happens at >150 KeV and the 12C gamma is high energy.  Since

semiconductor implanters regularly use B, boron contamination inside the

tool is a potential source for this reaction.  The energy range I'm looking

at is 200 KeV and below - more likely in the 9 - 15 KeV range. This

manufacturer found below 150 KeV the rad levels were at background but

above this value up to 200 KeV the rad levels became about 40x background

(to around 500 uR/hr).

I searched the web for reaction cross section info and didn't find much for

protons and deuterons. Can anyone help with some pointers, info or

experiences?  Thanks very much!!

Jeff

Jeff Leavey                                       IBM Corp.

845-892-4595           leaveyja@us.ibm.com