Re Doses of sunshine, vit A, Zn, and ionizing radiation (WAG?)

John,

Not a WAG, but an order of magnitude estimate:

 10x 25 mg Zn/day would make anybody sick and 1/10 not supply trace mineral

needs of anybody,

100,000 U vit A /day give anybody liver damage and only 1,000 U/day give

night blindness, low resistance to infection, etc,

Similar findings for ionizing radiation:

1000 rad/year likely bad (my health physicist patient with arm melanoma

calculated 4500 rem to arm over 2 years from holding films for combat area

x-rays in WW2)

0.1 rad/year likely insufficient (populations show more cancer, less

longevity).See Muckerheide rad-sci-1@wpi.edu

Howard Long