Re: The Ultimate Hormesis Paper and LLNL Sunshine

Dear Professor Field,

Are you responsible for correcting misuse of your data that could cost

homeowners billions of dollars and great worry? I believe so.

I expect that you will point out to the American Cancer Society (cc me and

Radsafe):

"It is not scientifically justified to extrapolate our finding slightly

higher average radon in homes of Iowa lung cancer cases than in homes of

[partly] matched controls,

to conclude that radon at 4 pCi/l causes lung cancer."

"The lung cancer rate through most of the United States is higher than in

Iowa - and that with a radon level averaging below 1.3 pCi/l. Iowa is a high

1% outlier in home radon exposure."

Howard Long