Re: Sunshine-"lower UV has higher risk of melanoma" LLNL

Thank you for the response, John.

1. Numbers do count. B.Cohen's study of most USA lung cancer deaths over

years (hundreds of thousands), and cleverly using error bars as "points" is

the epitomy of this.

2.Quality of data can mitigate limited numbers.

This is where statistical significance of the LLNL study by Moore et al

becomes important. Variation was minimized when education and work

start-date were included.

More exact matching erased previously suggested association of melanoma with

IONIZING RADIATION. It also reversed the positive association of melanoma

with sunshine.

I am waiting for Field's comment about his own "matched controls" -only 35%

smoked vs 95% of his lung cancer cases. True matching (rather than computer

simulations, as fail with the global warming myth) could reverse Field's

findings, also.

3. Sunshine deficiency could be shown in many ways. People feel better, have

less SAD (seasonal affective disorder), and a recent study of wound healing

shows it twice as fast with heat.  I believe a physical mechanism could be

vasodilation (pre-sunburn)

Ionizing radiation effect could also be by vasodilation. 75 rem doses to

gangrene were standard treatment 60 years ago (described by Jerry Cuttler at

DDP meetings).

Howard Long----- Original Message -----