Re: Sunshine-"lower UV has higher risk of melanoma" LLNL

Howard,

And what are you talking about?  I do not consider a

single cohort study based on a total of 138

individuals to be much of a study.  Try, for a start,

http://ehpnet1.niehs.nih.gov/docs/1993/101-3/nelemans.html

http://www.unc.edu/news/newsserv/research/feb03/melanoma022103.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=8053698&dopt=Abstract

May be you should be ashamed of not being able to

checking the scientific literature adequately.  You

find one study that "seems" to support you contention

that 10X the sunshine is good for you, and totally

ignore any other studies.  Actually, since the

controls had less exposure at Site 300, it seems to me

that sunlight at this "sunny hill" is the cause of the

melanomas.  I also note that your comments do not

address ionizing radiation.

By the way, where do you get your idea that most

Americans do not get enough sunshine?  Is there an

outbreak of rickettes in adults?  (I assume that as a

physician you know rickettes is a developmental

disease in children.  But I could be wrong.)

=====

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist