Carry some DU?

Someone wrote:

> Are you willing to carry expended DU shells around for an

extended period?

My answer:

Other than the weight, I'd we willing to.

I'd even eat some DU.

By why bother? Would that change anyone's mind?

If I carry around some DU for a year (or 20)

will the writer of the above sentence declare

that s/he was wrong and write a retraction? No.

Still, if someone thinks that it would accomplish

anything, I'll be glad to carry some DU around.

I'll even carry around natural uranium, which is

much more radioactive, inside my body! In addition,

I'll carry inside my body radioactive potassium-40

and carbon-40.

Also radioactive thorium. Some plutonium too.

Oh, I already do. Everyone does.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

But seriously, I'd willingly carry some DU.

-Stephen Frantz

Reed College

Portland, Oregon

sfrantz@reed.edu