Re: NRC IEN 84-40 and EPA Emergency Worker Guidance (Need Reference)

Jim,

Guidance on emergency worker doses is in an EPA document titled "Manual of

Protective Action Guides and Protective Actions for Nuclear Incidents ".

The document also provides guidance to local and federal authorities on the

protective actions to take to protect members of the public. The current

document number is EPA-400. It was revised in 1991. Prior to 1991 it was

EPA-520. I don't think an electronic copy is on the EPA web site, I have

looked several times.

At 09:16 PM 07/25/2003 +0000, you wrote:

>I am in need of a reference document.

>In NRC I&E Notice No. 84-40 (Emergency Worker Doses), the NRC references "the

>Environmental Protection Agency's Emergency Workers and Lifesaving Activity

>Protective Action Guides."  The I&E Notice was published on 5/30/1984.

>Two questions:

>1)  What is the source of the EPA guidance (i.e., what EPA document was being

>cited AT THE TIME OF THE I&E NOTICE)?

>2)  Does anyone have a copy of that EPA reference?  If so, could you email to

>me or FAX to 818-586-5194.

Tony Hedges

RPT Instructor

thedges1@twcny.rr.com