RE: First atomic bomb - 58 years ago today

Milton,

I was not refering to carpet bombing, but the use of

aircraft to hit cites as strategic targets.  Since I

did not keep notes of my readings, let's call it a

"wash."

Because atomic weapons were to be the strategic weapon

of choice, I guess you can say that wars since WWII

have become more humane, with the limited attacks on

cities and the use of smart bombs.

I am sure this comment will open up another wave of

postings on cities that have been shelled and bombed

in recent conflicts.  However, I cannot see how the

damage done recently can compare to cities like Tokyo

and Dresden during WWII.

=====

-- John

John Jacobus, MS