Re: First atomic bomb - 58 years ago today

Rick, I've just gone through a few additional sites on this topic including:

http://www.nuclearfiles.org/hitimeline/1945.html

It appears that no leaflets preceeded the first bomb, but leaflets were dropped prior to the second

bomb. I believe you will find the above link quite interesting and generally consistent with most

of the citations already presented here. No matter how large or small, wars are always monstrous

affairs, but that does not make monsters of us who were involved.

Maury Siskel        maury@webtexas.com

Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of

imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different

ways.

Samuel M. Crothers