Re: Bush and Science

John,

Bush is a blessing to scientists. This IS a radiation safety issue.

I have, as a Board Member of Doctors for Disaster Preparedness, critically

questioned experts in three of the areas listed by Waxman, (a government

expansionist). I find Bush policy generally sound science.

Radsafe IS directly concerned with these:

1, Missile Defense

A newly improved Patriot barely stopped an improved Scud from wiping out the

Quatar command center - and the general staff that then conducted a war with

the least loss of civilian life in history (especially compared with the

dire predictions of Waxman). That improvement would not likely have been

available, had the US Supreme Court allowed the Fla Supreme Court to make ex

post facto law about ballots. Boost phase missile stoppers will soon protect

us in ways the Clinton-Gore regime had blocked. That is urgent with N Korea

having NUCLEAR weapons. Teller and Lowell Wood ( LLNL developer of Brilliant

Pebbles) are among those we quizzed about missle defense at several

meetings.  Bush is credible here, critics not.

2, Global Warming

Bush's Kyoto stance agrees with 17,000 scientists www.oism.org/pproject

Again, Bush is credible, critics not. With Kyoto, there would be little

money for new reactors, fewer fossile fuel generators and a lower stanrd of

living from less energy. Besides, there is more CO2 coming into the USA from

the west than going out to the east! (Europe should pay us!). With Bush, we

should expect more NUCLEAR generators started than with Gore or Hillary,

wouldn't you agree?..

3, Workplace Regulation

Repetitive injury, like obesity, is largely personal responsibility. I treat

it daily. Bush removal of some regulation just made less lawyer fodder.

Three physiotherapy offices told me last year that over 90% of their

referals involve lawyers.The cost of

that drives businesses (including NUCLEAR) out of California - until the

Terminator cleans house of politicians like Waxman.

I find Bush much closer to science than was his predecessor - or is the

misinformation you perpetuate below.

Howard Long