RE: Uranium used in dental crowns

I should mention that the list is for those isotoes

(and radioisotopes with half-lives) of greater than

one day.  Also, Ce-136 should be 137.6 days.  (That is

what I sent.)

I should also note that in a second list, Ce-136 and

Ce-142 are listed with half lives of 2.9 X 10^11 years

and 5 X 10^16 years, respectively.

--- John Jacobus <crispy_bird@YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> I believe that Franz was saying that the cerium in

> dentures would be from natural sources and not

> radioactive.  The nine isotopes I have have on one

> list are

> Ce-134, 3016 day half life

> Ce-136, Stable

> Ce-138, Stable

> Ce-139, 13736 day half life

> Ce-140, Stable

> Ce-141, 32.5 day half life

> Ce-142, Stable

> Ce-143, 1.38 day half life

> Ce-144, 284.6 day half life

> Of these, five are radioisotopes as they undergo

> nuclear transmutation.

> --- "Dukelow, James S Jr" <jim.dukelow@PNL.GOV>

> wrote:

> > Franz Schoenhofer wrote: