Article on hormesis

I would be remiss if I did not mention this article,

which I found about through another news service.

There is nothing new, but it is for the general

public.

As usual there are there are references to cellular

and animal studies.  What I found interesting is that

"In some sense, endocrine disruption appears to be the

opposite of hormesis, in which low doses could have

unsuspected harmful effects because of the

contaminant's chemical similarity to hormones." I find

this interesting as dioxin acts like a homone,

http://www.iatp.org/edrc/hormonedisrupters082599.htm

and as a carcinogen.

------------

. . .

Scientific American reports that data suggests

exposure to

small amounts of carcinogenic chemicals may not be

harmful;

in fact, it may have a protective effect.

  http://MagPortal.com/cgi-bin/rdir.cgi?w=138390

  similar:

http://MagPortal.com/cgi-bin/sim.cgi?w=138390

. . .

Copyright (c) 2003 Hot Neuron LLC.

You may forward this message to anyone who would be

interested

as long as you include the copyright and this notice.

=====

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist