Re: Doctors' knowledge of radiation exposure

Dan,

Obvious you do not work at a medical facility.  This

is what I expect to see since you are surveying a

broad spectrum of physicians.  What was the

correlations between the results and the specialties?

Who were radiologist, gynocologists, surgeons, etc.?

Also, the real issue is what are the risk v. benefits

of an x-ray procedure.  This is the information that

should be conveyed to the patients. To say that

physicians were "submitting their patients to a

radiation dose that was 16 times larger than they

thought it was" just shows that the physicians have

not read the information posted on the HPS Web site or

similar source.

--- "Strom, Daniel J" <strom@PNL.GOV> wrote:

> This is sad. A very short paper worth a look.

> Shiralkar S, A Rennie, M Snow, RB Galland, MH Lewis,

> and K Gower-Thomas. 2003. "Doctors' knowledge of

> radiation exposure: questionnaire study." BMJ

> 327(7411):371-372.

> http://bmj.com/cgi/reprint/327/7411/371?eaf

> - Dan Strom

. . .