Brazilian rocket explosion

Radsters,

Please see this article about the exploding rocket in Brazil.  I have

pasted one paragraph here that should be self-explanatory.

**********

<snip>

The rocket was to have transported two small satellites, carrying

positioning equipment, a communications transmitter and energy source.

They were to have been released into low orbit about 470 miles above the

Earth less than eight minutes after blastoff.

<snip>

Does anyone know if the "energy source" was a device of a certain type

that we would be familiar with, and if it was loaded on the rocket when

it blew??

********

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=1&u=/nm/20030822/ts_nm/brazil_space_dc

*******