AW: Daniel Jacobo Beninson

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

[mailto:owner-radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu]Im Auftrag von

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Gesendet: Freitag, 22. August 2003 16:30

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Betreff: Daniel Jacobo Beninson

Dear Colleagues,

Dan Beninson passed away in 21 of August. He was one  of the most greatest

names in Radiation Proteccion.  He left important  works as interpret of

concepts and principles in Radiation Safety  and his  name never will be

forgetful.  Condolences to his family

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Rio de Jaaneiro, until 02 September

--------------------------

I am a person who had the privilege to know "Beninson" personally. I believe

that "Beninson" was a kind of a trademark. I was working for the IAEA as the

head of the terrestrially working group for the "Mururoa project" to

evaluate the terrestrial contamination of Mururoa and Fangataufa. (The

French government used this area for their nuclear weapons tests.) Dan was

attending our meetings, when we discussed the results of hundreds of

measurements. I was always surprised by his clear analysis of situations,

his incredible knowledge of radiation protection matters and most of all of

his willingness to discuss items which some "underdogs" like me put forward

and to accept my point of view after a fair discussion.

"We will miss him" is a kind of routine sentence after somebody has

deceased, but in this case it is not routine. We will miss him.

Franz