Re: Hanford Site cleanup standards

Bill,

I agree with you in general, but I want to point out that the comparison of licensees to

drunk drivers neither proves nor disproves the conclusion that the public (or anyone

else) is to blame for high clean up costs.

First, the comparison is a gross misrepresentation no matter what conclusions you try

to draw from it.  But even if it were a valid comparison, it does not follow that body shop

prices are reasonable and fair just because the particular client may have been a drunk

driver.  The two questions are unrelated.  If the body shop ( regulatory critera ) are

outrageously overpriced ( overconservative ), then that is a problem that should be

addressed whether the operator was drunk ( noncompliant) or not.

-Gary Isenhower