Double Edged Sword DVD shipping

Ok - this project has taken much longer than expected and I admit to

being a perfectionist.  The deeper I got into making DVD the more

permutations I found and the more confusing it all became.  Of course I

tried to optimize the quality and fill the DVD with the highest

resolution.

Well that wasn't getting anywhere fast and so I just settled on

something that works.  The quality is at least as good as a VHS copy

from my VHS original that was copied from a U-Matic original - so it -

ok.

When I play it back on my 2 DVD players - the video is - "ok" - like I

said - a copy of a copy .... The audio is SLIGHTLY out of sync - I'm

sure that can be fixed - but I'm not going to bother with it for now.

On one DVD player the audio was poor - on another it was great.  As you

may or may not know it is problematical whether a DVD-R (or whatever

format) from any given writer will work on any given player - but

USUALLY works in any computer DVD drive.

So - as before .... I have got this going and DVD blanks are too too

cheap to worry about that expense - but I am way too lazy to address

mailers and not anxious to pay the postage - so - if you want one of the

DVDs (or and mpeg file on DVD or AVI file split across 2 DVDs) send me a

pre-address pre paid DVD mailer and I'll get it out to you.  How well

its packed depends on what you send me as I'll just turn it around.

Hint - if any of you got and saved those nifty metal cased from a promo

CD AOL sent out a few months ago - THAT would be great - but a standard

mailer will do.  Hard plastic jewel cases usually break in the mail -

but also usually protect the DVD - soft ones work better and cardboard

mailers are often OK (unless you have the same mailman I do!!).

Ok then - so I'm ready to knock these out - Let's do it!

You can find my address in the HPS membership handbook or online listing

(unfortunately) under Ted de Castro - or email me and I'll send it.

The two DVD requests I've been sitting on are going out today along with

2 tapes - I have 2 more tapes to copy.