Laymans questions on hormesis and LNT

Since I have been on this list I have read words like 'hormesis' and LNT

innumerable times and eventually - although I have no medical knowledge - I

have some questions.

 If hormesis means provoking some self-defence reaction of the body by

means of something it recognizes as harmful, why would hormesis and LNT

be mutually exclusive? I would expect that our body responds to some

quantity of detected damages over some period of time, this is how

even the much less sophisticated systems we design today would do it.

If I wanted to provoke this reaction, I would try pulsed doses,

i.e. high dose rates over short moments to trigger the wanted reaction

and then long pauses to consume the effect of that reaction.

Have such experiments been done? Does not sound difficult to do,

I would be curious to know about the results.

Adversely, I could imagine that at low levels detection would

be difficult (any system has its minimum detectable level) and

close to and below that level (I have no idea where it may be...)

response would not be triggered while perhaps damage would be done.

 Again, I am non-medical, only a tech-guy who designs equipment,

this is just my curiousisty speaking.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments