Re: St. Louis Post-Dispatch Placarding Article

Hi,

    Having been a fireman for 21 years I appreciated knowing what is inside a vehicle that was involved in an accident BUT also having had a blasting business and hauling explosives over the highways I agree that the use of placards needs to be changed. When I was transporting explosives on the interstate I often thought that if there was some sniper sitting on the hillside near the interstate (which does happen) who's he going to shoot at? That Volkswagen ahead of me or my vehicle with signs plastered on it screaming "EXPLOSIVES".

    BTW, Thanks to all who responded with very good suggestions about monitoring the radon in our mine.

                       Thanks,

                                 Ron Dicus

                        www.GotHotRocks.com