RE: DU

At 12:32 PM 9/11/2003 -0400, NIXON, Grant (Kanata) wrote:

>...........For example, one could easily argue that inhaling a

>highly-concentrated plume of DU dust (e.g., following a hit) arguably

>presents SOME degree of hazard.

A layman's comments:

I think that any person in a position to inhale a plume of DU dust from a

"hit" might have some other hazards of major significance to worry

about........ given the amount of kinetic energy involved.....

As has been stated before, and IMHO, the other hazards of the battlefield

environment make the DU "hazard" really not worth quantifying.

As an aside, don't forget that every puff of a cigarette also introduces

uranium to your lungs...........

Funny that this has not caught the interest of the press

Maybe cigarettes should be brought under the "WMD umbrella"....

;~)

Doug

Doug Aitken		Schlumberger Drilling and Measurements QHSE

Advisor

Phone (Sugarland):   	281 285-8009

Phone (Home office): 	713 797-0919

Phone (Cell): 		713 562-8585

Principal E-mail: jdaitken@earthlink.net

Schlumberger E-mail: daitken@sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com

Mail: 	300 Schlumberger Drive MD2, Room 111

	Sugar Land, TX 77478