RE: Laymans questions on hormesis and LNT

Jim,

I am not sure if I get your point.  Why should error

free repair only occur at low dose rates?  Why does

high biological stress, but not low biological stress,

cause different gene responses that lead to

error-prone repair?  It is an interesting idea, but

are there any studies that show the differences beyond

the magnatude of the effects of the radiation?

Whether we like it or not, I do think that the

prevention of DS breaks (beyond the natural background

rates) will replace increased cancer rates as the

regulatory criteria.

--- "Muckerheide, Jim  (CDA)"

=====