Re: Anthrax terrorist

Difficult to say, as the article was written by a guy the authorities (FBI,

etc.) have used to identify other miscreants like the Atlanta Olympics

bomber and others. He was pretty critical of the way the whole

investigation was going, but the finger was clearly pointed, through a lot

of circumstantial evidence, at Steven Hatfill. The premise is that Hatfill

(maybe in collusion with other "biowarriors" involved in the (terminated!)

US bioweapons program, were trying to use scare tactics to try and trigger

more focus on the threat of bioterror (and improve their job profiles at

the same time!).

Yeah, I know: another "conspiracy theory".......

but the article had some pretty good information on the process of

uncovering the links... (including some scary tests these guys did on the

unsuspecting public in the past!

Doug

(sorry, not much Radsafe content, but there are - or could be! - parallels

in the radiation field e.g. the recent attempt by the media to show how to

smuggle radioactive material)