RE: Response to Ted Rockwell's article

Grant,

Thanks for reminding me.  However, to continue my

questioning, how would the first responders initially

know that a significant radiological hazard exists?

Do all first responders have alarming dosimeters?  How

about if they are responding to an explosion or fire

in a building?  Would they be expected to have

alarming dosimeters?

On another point, what if the first responders are

planning to use alarm levels one-tenth of the values

you quote?  Would this hamper rescue operations?

These are issue I think that need to be considered.

--- "NIXON, Grant (Kanata)" <GNIXON@MDS.Nordion.com>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/admin/emailfriend?contentId=A37571-

> 2003Sep19&sent=no&referrer=emailarticle

=== message truncated ===

=====

"Crime is contagious.  If the government becomes a lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for the law."

Louis D. Brandeis, Supreme Court decision in Olmstead v. U.S., 1928

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist

e-mail:  crispy_bird@yahoo.com