time course of iodine in saliva

Hey,

Can anyone point me in the direction of information about the time course of radioactive iodine in saliva, following administration of NaI?  We are in the habit (in Nuclear Medicine) of recommending that patients avoid sharing saliva for a few days or weeks after thyroid treatment, but I have no idea what data (if any) the time intervals are based on.

Thanks,

Marissa Bartlett

marissa_bartlett@health.qld.gov.au

===============================

Dr Marissa Bartlett

Dept of Nuclear Medicine

Level 3, Ned Hanlon Building

Royal Brisbane Hospital

marissa_bartlett@health.qld.gov.au

ph: + 61 7 3636 7569

fax: + 61 7 3636 8481

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipients(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipients(s), or if you have received this e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail message and destroy any hard copies produced.