Re: scams and spams

> > All one has to do to get a complete list of the listmembers

> > is send an email to <majordomo@list.vanderbilt.edu> with a

> > single line in the message body (subject line is irrelevant) "who

> radsafe"

> You are correct, this feature used to be available to list members only.

> It has now been disabled completely.

 Well I won't cry for the feature but I may miss it at times. I am pretty

sure this will have no effect on the spam quantity listmembers receive,

and I can remember at least one example when I made use of the list.

 About a week ago I posted a test message to the list and got a direct

reply (was a joke). I had subscribed two addresses to the list, both

received the test message hours later than the guy who replied (he was US based).

 He was on the list between my two addresses, so I knew there was some

kind of screening on the messages I get from this listserver. Not that

I did not know it anyway or could I see a sane reason why (it is my two US

based competitors who can learn from me and dream about the technology I

have), but then there are so many people who must be kept busy somehow.

Anyway, if it comes to voting pro/con the "who" command to the listserver,

I'll be pro...

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff

Transgalactic Instruments, Gourko Str. 25 b, 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria

http://transgalactic.freeyellow.com

Email: tgi@cit.bg

Phone: 00359/2/9923340