RE: "Political wranglings over WIPP"

>I think it's a good idea for the public to maintain a healthy

skepticism for pronouncements by "experts."

Such skepticism keeps a democracy healthy, I agree. We always need to be

skeptical of government pronouncements, but when a question is raised,

the public also should not discount the opinions of those who actually

know something about the science, which is all too common today.

Accepting the opinions of movie stars and self-appointed political

activists over those of good scientists turns the situation unhealthy

again.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 343-0068