RE: MDA vs. Critical level for DOE Free Release surveys

needing an MDA that is less than the limit.  You want to be at least 95%

sure that you won't miss contamination that is above the limit.  If the

decision level is equal to the limit you have a 50% chance of missing

it.

Jay MacLellan, CHP

PS:  Since I know what I'm talking about on this I'll leave the

credentials with my signature on this one.