Re: A "dirty bomb" question

It isn't "54 years of fear."  The widespread notion that a radioactive materials are mroe awful, qualitatively and quantitatively, than other hazardous substances dates back to TMI in 1979.  before that sure there were anti-nuke fear-mongers, but they didn't have much of an audience, and they weren't so much focused on fear mongering as on penetrating secrecy.  Sierra Club even had a pro-nuke National Board member in the 1970s.

And I agree with Ted Rockwell, who says these things more eloquently than I.  we can and should educate the public here, ad above all we in the profession, should stop saying "people will panic."

Ruth

ruthweiner@aol.com

--

Ruth F. Weiner