Re: No sternum

The regime is usually a combination of surgery,

chemotherapy and radiation.  Frequently, the radiation

is external radiation using a linear accelerator.  In

radiation, the dose is delivered tangentially to the

chest wall to spare the dose to the lungs.  Some

radiation treatments involve temporary implants.

Factors to also consider at the patient's age and

probably complications with osteoporosis.  In

addition, there may have been a significant(?)

radiation dose for the three heart operations, though

you try to not image through the sternum.

I would suggest the writer contact an radiation

oncologist.  The doctor making the claim of radiation

damage is a surgeon, who may not be aware of the

relations between the treatment modalities and

resulting complications.

--- "Syd Levine (AnaLog)" <AnaLog@logwell.com> wrote:

> An off topic question, but what were the three

> procedures?  I suspect her main problem is not

> radiation damage to the sternum, but rather over

> eager invasive cardiologists.

=====

"One test result is worth one thousand expert opinions."

Wernher von Braun

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist