Re: 60 minutes - Yucca Mountain

It seems that if I say, "The sky is blue." at least 10 people will point out that they've seen a red sky.  Thanx for the BGO!

Obviously, you can always find cases where "no comment" is not the best response.  I didn't say otherwise.  By the most basic rules of PR, the AEC rep should have admitted he did not know anything about the project, but that he would have a knowledgeable person respond.  BTW, if the

reporter insisted on making a fool of himself by making invalid assumptions, that's not the AEC's problem.

Your general thesis, however, bothers me even more.  Let me make sure that I understand this.

Are you saying that, no matter how loaded the question, no matter how biased the reporter, no matter how disadvantageous the circumstances you still have to respond?

In other words:  1.  You can't win.  2.  You have to play.

Not me, thanx.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Curies forever.

Bill Lipton