RE: "No Comment" and related matters

Ruth, If this "reporter" reports to an editor, you should contact that

person and explain how your comments were misrepresented.  Of course, it

may have been an organizational position, in which case you're out of

luck, unless you want to sue for libel.

Twisting of quotes is not just used by anti-nukes and journalists,

however.  I was quoted out of context in a right-wing white paper such

that I seemed to support the author's thesis that DOE sites should be

fenced off and let go back to a natural state instead of being

remediated.  I do not support this position.  He didn't even cite a

source for my quote, but I recognized it from an interview with a local

newspaper.

I have been truly fortunate to have good experiences with the press.

When they get things wrong, it's usually a failure of knowledge or an

editorial mistake.  However, I have been accused of all sorts of

terrible things by activists concerned over the health effects of

radiation exposure when I disagree with them in a posting or in person.

    I believe it's a tactic by those that are pushing a specific agenda

without regard for the truth of the matter.

By the way, I had a very nice trip to Vienna where I was able to meet

fellow RadSafer Franz Schoenhofer, who gave me his special city tour.

Susan Gawarecki