Re: 7th Grade School Project is Outrageous

If what you say is true, I think the principal or

administration should be contacted.  This is not

education, but indoctrination and the use of bribery.

If the teacher has selection the position to be taken

where is the educational aspects.  Letter writing

skills?  Maybe some knowledgeable HP in the area could

be enlisted to talk to the teacher, students, etc.

Please pass along my thoughts, for what they are

worth.

--- BobCherry@AOL.COM wrote:

> Here is a note to be from a colleague, posted with

> his permission:

> "My brother lives in New Braunfels and his daughter

> (7th grade) received an assignment from her teacher.

>  The class was told that each student would receive

> an extra-credit grade of 100 if they wrote a letter

> to their congressman which indicated that they were

> opposed to our use of depleted uranium munitions in

> Iraq because they were exposing our soldiers and the

> Iraqi people to hazardous levels of uranium and

> radiation.  My brother knows this isn't true and he

> called me wanting info.  Can you e-mail him some

> websites/info. on the subject., he wants to be

> prepared when he confronts the teacher about the

> assignment."

> I will help him. My concern is that we are losing

> our battle with the foes of common sense.

=====

"Eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty and . . . you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing."

Andrew Jackson

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist